The National Library of Wales Aberystwyth, established in 1907. A hub of historical information known as one of the greatest libraries in the world.
As a matter of urgency, LAM were contacted by the National Library and asked to attend site and survey the underground leaking fire sprinkler tank following reports of significant water loss.
On completion of the site survey we detected the leak and also identified the following problems
- Existing waterproof coating failed
- Showing signs of significant deterioration
- Substantial water loss into surrounding grounds
- Potentially weakening footing that effects structural integrity of the building.
Fire sprinkler systems is a high importance requirement, Liquid Applied Membranes proposed a solution that encompasses all of the following requirements.
- Fully Managed Start to finish
- 6 Week Project Scope.
- No disruption to build functions
- Benefit from a Leak Free GRP lining membrane
- Maintain and Protect the integrity of the underground Sprinkler Tank
We strive for excellence in our GRP Lining and Provide Responsible, Fully Managed Turnkey Solutions.
- Grit blast to remove all surface contaminants including the failed existing coating
- GRP Lining of all internal surfaces
- Lining Inspection and Testing commenced and certified
- 10 Year Lining Guarantee
- 4 Weeks
- £(*POA) call for more information
Pictures of the job to completion
Preparation is key to having the best adhesion properties
Preparation Stage and dirt removal
GRP Fibreglass Lining of all prepared surfaces.
LAM GRP Fibreglass Lining applied to surfaces
LAM are qualified to work in confined spaces, rest assured that the GRP Lining for Fire Sprinkler Tanks is installed by certified technicians.
Drying Process to fully cure the Coating