GRP Felt Roofing Upgrade
This beautiful property located close to the home of Mick Jagger situated in Dartford, Kent required a GRP Flat Roof Upgrade.
As a matter of urgency, LAM were contacted by a client and were asked to attend site and survey an existing Felt Roof and provide a maintenance free GRP Roof Lining Solution after reports of a leaking felt roof.
On completion of the site survey our assessments identified the following problems
- Existing felt protection failed
- Refurbish of two existing felt flat roofs
- Felt showing signs of significant deterioration
- Water loss into building
- Potentially weakening the roofs structural integrity.
LAM Liquid Roofing Coatings solution for Felt Roofs that encompasses all of the following requirements.
- Fully Managed Start to finish
- 3 Days Scope.
- No disruption to build functions
- Benefit from a Leak Free Liquid Applied Roofing membrane
- Existing Felt Roof Cleaned And Prepared Ready For the new fibreglass (GRP) roof to be installed.
- Substrate is then lined with a Mechanically Fixed 18mm OSB 3 Smart PLY before application of the fibreglass (GRP) Waterproofing Membrane.
- Prefabricated Edging Trims are installed to give the roof the correct water run-off.
- Fibreglass (GRP) Layer is carefully moulded to complete a seamless waterproof lining to encapsulate the entire roof area.
- The final enamel like hard wearing topcoat is applied to give the roof lasting protection before lead flashing and detailing are reinstated.
- £(*POA) call for more information
We strive for excellence in our GRP Lining and Provide Responsible, Fully Managed Turnkey Solutions.
- Remove all surface contaminants including the failed existing coating
- GRP Lining of all internal surfaces
- Lining Inspection and Testing commenced and certified
- 25 Year Lining Guarantee